Close
To set your location, click the target or 'Chicago, IL' in the top search bar.
open results

The Church At Griffin

THE CHURCH AT GRIFFIN BAPTIST CHURCH

(678) 603-1078 330 North 16th St , Griffin, GA 30223 Official site

The Details

The Church At Griffin (First Missionary Baptist Church) was founded October 3, 1993 through the God given vision of Pastor Henry Bernard Miller. Along with 11 other members, the church had its first meeting at the Shoney's Restaurant in Griffin, Georgia. After the first week, the church moved to the Bonanza Shopping center in Jonesboro, Georgia for 5 months. This was a time of vision casting, healing, and preparation. In February 1994, the congregation moved back to Griffin. Our church met in the ld church of God building on Meriwether Street. The church grew and more space was needed. Our current location was purchased in June 1994. It was a blessing for a church less than one year old to obtain a Home Mission Board Loan. Also, during 1994, our church became the first church in Griffin to become a partner in Education. Our partner was Fourth Ward Elementary School (currently Anne St. Elementary). We became the first African - American Church planted in the Flint River Baptist Association. Uder the leadership of Pastor Miller, in 2005, we officially dropped the First Missionary from our name. Our church was established on New Testament Principles for New Testament Purposes.

Directions Nearby Hype
Managed on Fave by EVERETT