Sergenian's Floor Coverings
(608) 271-1111 2805 W Beltline Hwy, Madison, WI 53713 M 9:30am-8pm, Tu-W 9:30am-5:30pm, Th 9:30am-8pm, F 9:30am-5:30pm, Sa 9:30am-4pm, Su 24hr Official site
Categories: Floor Materials Dealers, Ceramic Tile
Deals, events & promotions
Sergenian's was founded by Ara Sergenian in 1930. The business was originally located on Monroe St. and focused on Oriental rugs. Ara sold the business to three of his sons, Marsh, Ron, and Paul, in 1962. They moved the store to State St. and changed the emphasis from Oriental rugs to wall-to-wall carpet. In 1967, Sergenian's moved to the current store located on the Beltline Highway in Madison. Jim Garner became an employee in 1963, and today Jim is CEO and majority partner with Ron's son, Tom Sergenian, who serves as President. In 1998, the administrative offices, commercial sales division, and warehouse, moved to the present location on Fish Hatchery Rd. Sergenian's has won numerous awards based on quality and service. They won two awards in the 2005 StarNet Design Awards competition, including the grand prize for their work at the Overture Center for the Performing Arts. This award is based on creative use of flooring, flooring design concept, how well designs meet client objectives, and special challenges. Sergenian's also received the 2003 Rug Retailer of the Year for Outstanding Merchandising, an award that honors exemplary achievement among the nation's most accomplished area rug retailers.